Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Issues

So, my husband has been doing things to our computer. Which is fine, because he's kind of a computer genius, and things are generally organized well, but now my pictures won't load. It seems like every time I try to post a blog, he's changed something (ie. pictures are in a new location, or in a new program, or on a completely different computer) and I have to do it a different way. Poo. Maybe our computer is just having issues, but I have a suspicion that it is his doing.

Since I can't post pictures, here is an update. We moved! Most of you probably didn't know that we have actually been living at my parents house for the last six months. We moved in right before Lily was born (actually the night before Lily was born) in anticipation of both of us being unemployed. I quit work for the baby and Matt graduated and then it was job searching. With the economy being what it is, it took a little while, so we were very grateful for my parents generosity in letting us stay with them for a while. Matt is now working in the IT department at Goldman Sachs and is enjoying the work. We are back on our feet and moved to a new place a few weeks ago. Hooray for independence! We are living in a basement apartment in Matt's Grandpa's house. So, we are still sort of living with relatives, but it's a separate apartment, and it was a deal we couldn't pass up. It will allow us to save for a house much quicker than we anticipated, and we are excited about the change.

Lily is 6 1/2 months old and is ADORABLE. I love being her mother. At her six month appointment, she was 14 1/2 pounds, so she's probably more like 15 or so now. She's petite, but very healthy. Here are some things that Lily does:
  • Sits up. She can sit up by herself, but its still a little precarious. Sometimes she does great, other times, she just doesn't seem to want to put forth the effort.
  • Eats real food. Currently on the menu is: rice cereal, squash, peas, green beans. She is a good eater.
  • She LOVES to jump in her jumper. I think she might skip crawling and go straight to walking. She has never really like tummy time. She can roll over, but only if the circumstances are just so. Frequently when she is on her tummy, she just puts her face on the floor and moans or tries to eat the blanket. But she loves to stand and her legs are very strong.
  • She loves to play with her feet. She bends herself pretty much in half and eats her toes. She's like a little baby ball when she does it. So cute.
  • She loves to play with Dad.
  • She likes to stroke people's faces. She's very gentle about it most of the time and I think it is adorable.
  • She likes to babble.
  • She is a snuggler.

Hopefully there will be pictures soon.

2 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

So, I'm pretty much ready to just take my computer and throw it out the window if it makes you feel any better. I mean, I can upload pictures...not videos...and its all at an ALARMINGLY slow rate. Plus, 2 keys are missing from the keyboard from long ago when Eden was "exploring". But my computer often has other issues as well.

Rachel said...

I'm sorry your computer is having issues. No bueno. I hope you can upload pictures soon.

I'm glad you're loving being a mom and that Lily is growing and learning. It's the best thing to watch your children learn new things.